MacOS Catalina is the latest Macintosh Operating system. So, Apple brought tons of changes in the Macintosh Operating System with the release of MacOS Catalina 10.15. It is a piece of good news for you if you are using MacOS Catalina on a Macbook or Virtual Machines such as VMware and VirtualBox. Because now you can update MacOS Catalina to the Latest Version. So, as a new version of any software releases, it brings new features and interface changes with it. The purpose of every update is to fix the previous version’s bugs and errors and make the software more user-friendly.
Apple is working OS all its products this year. So, Apple is releasing new updates for iOS 13, iPad 13 operating system, and iWatch6. The users can check it out for better use of their devices. However, you have not upgraded to MacOS Catalina you can give it a try, doesn’t matter you are using MacOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, ElCapitan, Yosemite or even the older version such as MacOS X.
So, today we will talk on How To Update MacOS Catalina to Latest Version on Mac? If you are using Windows and want to give a try MacOS Catalina. So, don’t worry it is possible just, check out these two links. How to install MacOS Catalina on VMware on windows. This article will help you step by step to install MacOS Catalina on WMware. In case, you are using VirtualBox you can check out this link. How to install MacOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows.
- How to install MacOS Catalina Windows using VMware?
- How to install MacOS Catalina on Virtual Box on Windows?
Macbooks Compatible with MacOS Catalina (MacOS Catalina Update)
Before installing any software on your system, you should be sure about the compatibility of your system with the software. In case, software requirement was a better machine you may face problems. So, for installing MacOS Catalina or Updating your current MacOS to the latest version of MacOS Catalina, you should be sure that your machine is compatible with MacOS Catalina. So, the below list will tell you all Mac Computers support MacOS Catalina update.
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 and Newer).
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 and Newer).
- iMac (2012 and Newer)
- MacBook (Retina. Early 2015 and Newer )
- iMac Pro (2017 and Newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 and Newer)
- Mac Mini (Late 2012, Late 2014 and 2012)
A Glance on New Features of MacOS Catalina 10.15
MacOS Catalina offers tons of eye-catching features. However, these features are not only eye-catching, but they are handy as well. If you know about MacOS Catalina 10.15 or you have used you can skip this heading. Because is for MacOS Catalina new users.
- SideCar: Well, SideCar is the handiest feature of the latest MacOS. So, with the help of SideCar, you can connect your iPad to your MacBook and use that as an assistant to your computer while working with your MacBook. Secondly, if you are an artist and working on a Drawing pad then SideCar can save your money. Because you can use your iPad as a Drawing pad with the help of SideCar.
- Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV: This trio feature has taken the place of the iTunes. So, Apple music offers you over 50 million songs, playlist, and videos with flashing speed performance. Alongside, Apple Music you can access iTunes. Podcasts and Apple TV is a perfect place for high-quality movies and TV shows. Moreover, Apple TV contains over 700,00 shows episode by episode.
- Time Screen: Now you can manage your time by limiting the app usage duration on MacOS. Because Time Screen is a new feature in MacOS Catalina that helps you to complete this task.
What is New in MacOS Catalina?
MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 is the latest version of Macintosh Operating System Catalina. Apple has worked to make your MacOS more reliable, stable, and compatible with your Macbooks, as well, considered security the most. So, the three major updates are below.
- Finder: Now you control and limit the access of people to your iCloud Drive folder by Finder. And, you can grant anyone’s access with a folder link. As well, you can permit the trust-worthy ones to upload any file or make changes to your iCloud Drive Folder.
- Safari: Apple allows you to import passwords into your iCloud keychain and easily AutoFill your passwords in Mac browser Safari. Also, Safari supports HDR playback on compatible Macbooks for Netflix.
- App Store with Apple Arcade: The Universal Purchase support enables you to use a singular purchase of any app across Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV.
How To Update MacOS Catalina on Mac?
The method we are doing now is for Mac users. If you are a non-apple user you can go ahead with our next heading Update, MacOS Catalina, on VMware.
#1: Navigate to Apple Menu and click on the “System Preferences”.
#2: Click on “Software Update” from the Preferences Panel.
#3: Select the “macOS 10.15.3 update” and click on “Install Now”. Note: As the onwards version of the operating system release the version number and size can vary.
Before you click on Install Now make sure you have enough storage for this update. And, don’t worry about your machine auto-restart because during the update the system needs to restart.
How To Update MacOS Catalina on VMware?
In case, you are a Microsoft Windows user, then follow the below step to update MacOS Catalina to the latest version. Take heed, be sure you have installed MacOS Catalina on VMware completely and correctly without any error. Otherwise, you may problems while using MacOS. For your information, the MacOS updating procedure is very simple but, make sure you have enough storage space because it covers more than a couple of GBs.
Step 1: Open the “VMware Workstation” select the macOS Catalina 10.15 Virtual Machine and click on the “Power On” button.
Step 2: When the Virtual Machine turns on. After logging in to the operating system. Navigate to the Apple logo and click on the “System Preferences”.
Step 3: Click on the “Software Update” from the System Preferences panel.
Step 4: In this step the Software Update panel will appear first of all click on “More info” and read the information about the new updates and then click on the “Update Now” button.
Step 5: After your Mac Virtual Machine restarts then you can check the MacOS version. Surely it is updated to MacOS Catalina’s latest version.
- How to enable iOS 13 dark mode on iPhone – 3 easy methods.
- Install Windows 10 on MacOS Catalina on VMware – Complete Guide
- How to Record Video From Mobile Screen – iPhone and Android.
By today’s article, we show you How To Update MacOS Catalina to the latest version on Macbook and Virtual Machine. As we talked about the new amazing features of MacOS Catalin, you should give it a try on your MacBook on Virtual Machine to get better use. Be alert because MacOS 10.15.3 is not the latest version Apple is updating it to newer versions.