The advanced operating systems and applications/softwares are moving ahead towards the dark mode theme. Last year Apple brought the dark mode by macOS Mojave for new Macintosh operating systems. However, Google introduced dark mode by releasing the Android 10 or ‘Q’. And, Apple Inc. introduced dark mode in iPhone with releasing iOS 13. So, today we are going to show you How to enable iOS 13 Dark Mode in easy steps.
For your information, iOS 13 is the thirteenth major release of Apple Inc. for iPhone, iPad, and HomePod. However, It is the successor of the iOS 12 which is the twelfth major release of iOS by Apple Inc. So, It was unveiled on September 19, 2019. Moreover, the iOS 13 was recently updated by Apple 13 days ago on, April 7, 2020. So the latest version is 13.4.1.
Unfortunately, Apple stopped supporting old software. So, therefore the users using old iPhones and iPads cannot update their smartphones to iOS 13. So, according to CNet iPhones older than iPhone S6 are not eligible for iOS 13 updates. Moreover, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are no longer updatable to this version. So, here is a list below for Apple devices that are updatable to iOS 13.
How to upgrade to iOS 13
iOS users can upgrade their iPhone and iPad to the new version of the Apple operating system. Take heed, be sure that your device must be compatible with iOS 13. And we have prepared a list of the iPhones and iPad that are compatible with iOS upgrades. So, the easiest steps to upgrade your operating system are below.
Step 1: go to setting > General > software update.
Step 2: Your smartphone will check for updates. And will notify you about iOS 13 > Tap on download and install. Wait a while till it complete.
iPhones compatible with iOS 13
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X, XS, XS Max, and XR
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
iPads Compatible with iOS 3
- iPad Pro 1st and 2nd generation (9.7 inches, 10.5 inches, 11 inches, and 12.9 inches)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 3
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- iPad Mini 4
Benefits of Dark Mode
The dark mode is a feature, that is supported by most of the users. However, it is protective of the eyes. Moreover, it extends battery life. According to researches by Neilson research group in 2018, We are using our devices on the eye killing phase. However, most of us spend more than 11 hours per day. Bear in mind that using dark mode on less brightness is gonna hurt the eyes that least. On the other hand, dark mode on higher brightness can hurt the eyes the most.
- Eye Protection: Dark colors can reduce eye-strain in low light or dimmer workspaces. Therefore, dark themes are now being added to every application and operating system. But be sure that dark mode in lower device brightness is better than higher brightness.
- Battery saving: Good News for iPhone users Apple Inc. is replacing LCD to OLED while manufacturing new iPhones. And, Recently Google Inc. confirmed that using dark mode on OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen can increase battery life by up to 30%. In a test, some tasks we performed by iPhone XS Max on different apps on the dark and the light mode. So, the result was eye-catching, because the iPhone on dark mode saved 30% of battery charge. And the iPhone in dark mode died.
- Awesome Interface Look: Black color is superb. That’s why all developers are trying to add toggling-feature to their apps between light and dark mode. And it also provides a better user interface for admin dashboards and chart’s display
A glance on New Feature of iOS 13
macOS Catalina is the latest Apple operating system that brings tons of eye-catching features. So, let’s have a look at iOS 13 and its new features. The features of iOS 13 are User interface, Siri, Haptics and Quick type virtual Keyboard/QuickPath
- User Interface: Well, we have talked all about the dark mode. Moreover here I am adding just a point. That, All the endemic and native software/applications and the third-party app support dark mode in iOS 13. Apple introduces a new small volume controller that appears on the left side of the screen that helps the user to control volume just by finger sliding.
- Siri: It is a software-generated voice application called “Neural TTS”. So, with the help of Siri, you can write text and instruct your phone using your voice. Also, you can text messages while connected with your AirPods. So, Siri is a default iOS application. And, It uses HomePod to identify different voices. You should know that a similar application is in Android phones called Google assistance. However, both works approximate the same.
- Haptics: The “Tapic engine” is a combo of “tap” and “haptic” feedback developed by Apple that provides tactual impression in vibrational mode to the users. And the Core Haptics give more control over iPhones Taptic Engine and audio apps to provide customized haptic and audio comment/feedback. Remember Haptics feature is available on iPhone 8 and newer.
- Quick type virtual Keyboard/QuickPath: Have you used third-party application softwares such as Adaptxt, SwiftKey, Gboard, or Swype that allowing users to swipe their finger across the keyboard to complete words and sentences. So, using iOS 13 you wouldn’t need to use these third-party softwares. Because this handy feature is added to iOS 13.
How to enable iOS 13 Dark Mode? 1st Method
We are going to show you three easy and different methods to enable Dark mode on iOS 13. And It is the 1st method. Just by following these easy steps, you can enable iOS 13 dark Mode. You try the same for the iPhone and iPad. So, stay with us and follow.
Step 1: Tap on settings.
Step 2: Tap on Display & Brightness.
Step 3: In appearance, you have to options. Tap on Dark. In case, you want to toggle from dark to light mode you can switch.
How to enable iOS 13 Dark Mode from Control Center? 2nd Method
Using the 1st method we enabled dark mode in iOS 13. Moreover, it is another easy method to do the same in simple steps. So let go ahead together.
Step 1: swipe down the Control Center.
Step 2: Hold down the brightness indicator.
Step 3: The brightness indicator will pop up in full-screen mode. See on the right corner of the screen on “Appearance Light”. By pressing on it dark mode will apply on your phone.
How to enable iOS 13 Dark Mode Using the Siri? 3rd Method
This is the easiest method to enable dark mode. Just turn on “Siri” and say “Hey Siri, Turn on the Dark Mode”. So Siri will do the job. So, you would not need to do it. In case you want to turn the dark mode off again say, “Hey Siri turn off dark mode.”
In this article, we share with you 3 absolute easy methods to enable iOS 13 Dark Mode. As we discussed above new features of iOS 13 and benefits of dark mode. So, you should give it a try by following our steps. Or if you want to install macOS Catalina on VMware on windows click on this link. Stay tuned and have a blast.